Friday 27 August 2010

23 things out of a hundred and one.

Well, I thought I'd better put something relevant to the Cam 23 things. Firstly, I wish to be considered an observer rather than a participant - too embarrassing to have failed to finish and to blog on everything.
The course has run mostly during the Long Vacation, when I am not at work in the Divinity library (part-time even then) so at home there was always a competition for my time and enthusiasm. Grapple with a Thing, or plan my holiday in Cornwall, or mow the lawn, or weed the garden (its a third of an acre so needs attention) or take vigorous exercise, or as a really last resort engage in housework. Some of the Things I used already, some I didn't feel personally interested in and my position in the library would not require me to explore for wrok, some I have embraced - zotero being my favourite. I could put all the weblinks for my holiday into a file, which was very useful when checking details. I couldn't work out how to share these with my travelling companion, however, so just did an ordinary email with the links.

I have great admiration for the team who put this course together, and provided such clear instructions, as well as supporting meetings. I hope they are not discouraged if someone like me falls by the wayside. Well done everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment